Our childcare philosophy was created by staff and families as we believe that these factors are the most significant in a child's early years.
As our children are our priority, this means that we work together with each family individually to develop the best learning environment. Our families are very important and a valued contribution of our centre. Our expectations will exceed when it comes to the delivery of quality care.
Smithfield Village Early Learning Philosophy:-
1. At Smithfield Village Early Learning Centre our programs are dedicated to providing a safe, supportive, consistent, challenging and holistic environment for young children and their families.
2. Each child’s day has an individual rhythm, as well as a predictable flow and structure. To ensure this balance, we provide a warm, supportive setting that encourages children to learn through a hands on interactive exploration.
3. Children are encouraged to explore their environment in order to construct their own knowledge.
4. We are committed to creating a nurturing learning environment in partnership with parents to develop a sense of belonging and high self -esteem in each child.
5. We provide opportunities for successful and challenging experiences that promote the development of problem solving, self -reflection and divergent thinking.
6. Our programs extend to include a rich variety of outdoor learning environments.
These include a waterpark, garden world (growing veggies and herbs), Worm farm, windmill, dry creek bed, aviary for birds, barnyard station (chickens, ducks, Guinea Pigs and miniature goats) and construction site (digging patch).
7. Children are actively involved in caring for animals and their environment, the children feed the animals daily and collect the eggs as this promotes a sense of social responsibility and is a valuable extension of each child’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive learning.
8. Smithfield Village Early Learning Centre works within the guidelines of the Early Years learning Framework (EYLF) and the National Quality Framework (NQF). We consider both these aspects in our everyday interactions and programs. Our Kindergarten program is based on the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG) which is based on the EYLF and helps teachers to develop quality learning program for the children, it also helps the centre meet the National Quality Standards for educational program.
At Smithfield Village Early Learning we believe:
A. Each child is a unique individual, with his/her own pattern of development and potential for learning.
B. Children are intrinsically curious and learn best when they are encouraged to explore, take initiative and to problem solve through first hand experiences.
C. Families are the most important people in a child’s early years. We support, encourage and facilitate the active involvement of families to contribute and share in their child’s experiences while in our care.
D. We respect and value each child’s individual needs and abilities, their family values and their religious and cultural beliefs.
E. In providing our Early Childhood Educators with opportunities to fulfill their professional role by further developing their skills and knowledge through training and professional development, whilst having their needs and rights recognised and supporte
At Smithfield Village all our staff are fully qualified and passionate about the delivery of a quality care program. Our Team is committed in providing a stimulating environment where the needs of the children are priority, this is done in a positive and nurturing setting.
For our older children we offer a Qld Approved Kindergarten Program delivered 5 days a week by a qualified Bachelor Trained Teacher. This program is very effective in getting our little one's "school ready".
Our chef and Sous Chef are five star culinary chefs who has many years of experience in providing a range of cuisine and have a passion for food and nutrition.
We are supported by " The DePasquale Group" This enables our staff the commitment of continued support, with all staff offered regular opportunities for professional development and learning.
For more information about Smithfield Village Early Learning, please contact us.